Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I'm a WRITER!!!

Galatians 1:15-16 The Voice

But God - who set me apart even before birth and called me by His grace - chose, to His great delight to reveal His Son in me so that I could tell His story among the outsider nations.  


One of the most miraculous things about watching my kids grow up is the way their faces light up with they make a new discovery.  Their eyes get wide, their mouth drops open as they gasp fresh air into their little lungs and they immediately want to share the wonder and excitement and joy with those of us huddled around them.

Their discovery could be magnetic trains or puzzles or riding a bike.  As the parent we know they are capable of unpacking it; we put them in situations where the opportunity is right in front of them, we watch as they pick it up, turn it over in their little hands, hold it up to the light or put it in their mouths.  Some days that's all that happens.  Actually a lot of days.  The time they spend not fully interacting with whatever is in front of them just makes it that much sweeter of a moment when the gears click into place and the discovery is made.

A favorite book at our house right now is Drawing Lessons from a Bear by David McPhail. In this book there is a bear who is first and foremost a bear but also an artist.  As a young cub he became quite interested in art, and as he grew he unwrapped his talents while never losing sight that he was a bear.  It's a good story to teach kids that somethings we're born with but they don't define us anymore than what we create.  At the end it encourages kids to proclaim "I'M AN ARTIST!"

You're probably wondering where I'm going with all of this.  I have a point, I promise.  This year I took a break from writing to focus on important things like being a Mama Bear.  I love that I'm a Mama Bear, I really do and I've been blessed with five cubs - one in heaven and four with me this side of heaven.  But the more time I spent away from writing I discovered that I'm not just a Mama Bear like I thought; there is more to me.  But what could it be?

I picked it up.  I put it down.  I picked it up. I put it down.  I picked it and turned it over and held it up to the Light and with wide-eyes and wonder I made a new discovery...

Friends, I'M A WRITER!  It's a part of me and who God created me to be; I can't fully be who I'm supposed to be if I continue to let it go unacknowledged and unopened.  So it is with wide eyes and and a gasp that I unwrap this offering and sincerely pray that He may be glorified by this new discovery.  

My former blog, Tiny Little Blessings, was created to journal my way through Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome and I thank each and every one of you who joined me and prayed alongside me during that time.  The twins are absolute miracles and a gift from God...but there is also more to our story than TTTS.  Like how we are a typical family in desperate need of love and forgiveness...and GRACE.  Specifically God's grace.

Grace is God's abundant love He freely gives to us precisely when we don't deserve it, and I don't know about you, but there are many days where I feel like a little extra grace is required in my life.  A double dose even, so without further ado please let me welcome you to my new blog: A Double Dose of Grace.


1 comment:

  1. You are an excellent writer and great at story telling while sharing Gods love and being open and real about your life and your family. You are blessed and I am grateful to call you family.

    ReplyDelete